A spicy breakfast recipe with HATCH® Green Chiles, tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and eggs. This makes a great brunch recipe when feeding ten or more people.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans HATCH® Green Chiles
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tomato and cilantro for garnish
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, green chiles, and tomatoes.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until the onions a tender and translucent in color.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large casserole dish (9″ x 13″) add the cooked green chile mixture.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add Pepper Jack cheese evenly to the casserole mixture.
- Transfer the casserole pan to preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before cutting and serving.
- Garnish with tomato and cilantro leaves.