Tasty Tex-Mex Chili Beans with ground beef, HATCH® Green Chiles, and tasty spices to make one terrific filling bowl of chili beans.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounce) HATCH® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 cans (4 ounce) HATCH® Diced Green Chiles
- 3 cans (15 ounce) mixed chili beans with juice
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: shredded Mexican blend cheese, sliced scallions, cilantro leaves
- Optional garnish ideas: sliced avocado, diced white onion, sliced jalapeño peppers, tortilla strips
- In a large stock pan add onion, garlic, and cooking oil. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef. Mix well and continue to mix until the beef is broken down into small chunks.
- Cook until beef is slightly browned and cooked through; about 10 minutes.
- Add HATCH® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, HATCH® Diced Green Chiles, chili beans with juice, beef stock, and mix well.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, red chili flakes, oregano, and salt. Mix well and taste.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Cook for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with shredded cheese, scallions, and cilantro leaves or your favorite toppings!