Mexican green rice made with our HATCH® Green Chile Enchilada Sauce made from roasted HATCH® green chile peppers. You will love this simple recipe.
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 can (15 ounce) HATCH® Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a medium-size saucepan, add olive oil and rice.
- Bring heat to a medium-high.
- Add salt, cumin, and garlic powder. MIix well.
- Heat for about 2 minutes, mixing constantly do not overheat.
- Add enchilada sauce, water, cilantro, and parsley. Mix again until combined.
- Bring to a boil then cover the pan with a lid. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve. Enjoy!