Easy green chile cornbread recipe with HATCH® roasted and diced green chile peppers. This simple cast iron recipe is bursting with Southwestern flavors.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ( 4 ounce) can HATCH® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen petite sweet corn
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- In a medium mixing bowl, add egg, melted butter, HATCH® green chiles, sour cream, pepper jack cheese, sweet corn, and Jiffy cornbread mix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium for about 30-45 seconds or until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer to a lightly buttered cast iron 9-inch pan.
- Bake in the center rack for about 20 – 22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with honey butter. Enjoy!