Eggs, potatoes, scallions, and our HATCH® diced roasted green chiles all wrapped in a piping hot flour tortilla, then rolled into a breakfast burrito and topped with our green chile sauce make the best-ever Southwestern breakfast!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Southern-style hashbrown potatoes (frozen)
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can HATCH® Green Chiles
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, reserve some for garnish
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can HATCH® Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs and set aside.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cooking oil and butter.
- Once butter is melted, add potatoes, onion, and HATCH® Diced Green Chiles.
- Mix well and cook until potatoes are tender about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Then add beaten eggs and stir until combined, cook until eggs are firm, about 3 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll flour tortilla onto a flat surface and stuff with egg and potato mixture.
- Fold both ends of the tortilla in and roll starting from one end until it is tightly rolled into a burrito.
- Heat Enchilada Sauce in a microwave-safe serving dish on high for two minutes.
- Heat rolled burrito on skilled for about 2- 4 minutes on each side until slightly golden brown.
- Place burrito on serving dish and cover with HATCH® Green Chile Enchilada Sauce and garnish with shredded cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!