A simple recipe for green chile chicken posole. Made with our HATCH® Roasted Green Chiles, this soup is made with hominy, chicken stock, chicken, and a variety of seasonings.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounce) white hominy with juice
- 1 1/2 cups whole HATCH® Roasted Green Chiles, chopped
- 2 cups roast chicken, shredded
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- I teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: cilantro leaves, diced red onion, sliced jalapeño peppers, sliced radishes, and fresh lime wedges
- In a large stock pot add oil, onions, and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until onions are slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add hominy with juice, diced green chiles, chicken, and chicken stock.
- Season with cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve in individual bowls.
- Garnish with onion, cilantro leaves, jalapeño peppers, and fresh lime wedges. Enjoy!