Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada soup made with our HATCH® Diced Green Chiles, our HATCH® Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, and our HATCH® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, (preferably blackened)
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounce) HATCH® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 can (15 ounce) HATCH® Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4 ounce) HATCH® Diced Green Chiles
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground masa (ground white or yellow corn)
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Garnish: Shredded Mexican blend cheese, tortilla strips, sliced jalapeños
- Additional Garnish Optional: sliced avocado, sliced scallions, cilantro leaves
- In a large stockpot add butter and heat over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic.
- Cook until onions are translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, green chiles, chicken stock, and masa. Mix well.
- Bring to a low boil. Cook for about 20 minutes, mixing frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and add heavy cream and diced chicken breast.
- Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes on low until chicken is heated through.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with cheese, tortilla strips, and sliced jalapeño peppers.