PREP: 30 min | COOK: 45 min | MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 jar Hatch Green Chile Picante Sauce
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless shoulder of pork
- 1 small onion
- 1 fresh carrot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, chopped
- 4 oz. Colby cheese, grated
- Carrot Sticks
- Avocado Slices
- Place pork, onion, sliced carrot, garlic, salt, cumin and coriander seeds in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover pork.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours until pork is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove pork from saucepan; set aside.
- Strain cooking liquid through sieve; reserve 4 ounces of liquid.
- Place pork on rack in roasting tin. Roast 40 to 45 minutes until well browned, turning once.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle. Trim and discard outer fat from pork.
- Using two forks, pull pork into coarse strips. Combine pork and reserved cooking liquid in medium frying pan.
- Heat over moderate heat 5 minutes or until meat is hot and moistly coated with liquid; stir often.
- Soften and warm tortillas; heat beans.
- Place about 2 1/2 tbsp HATCH Refried Beans on bottom half of 1 tortilla; spread out slightly.
- Layer with pork, HATCH Green Chile Picante Sauce, chopped avocado and cheese. To form, fold right edge of tortilla up over filling; fold bottom edge over filling, then loosely roll up, leaving left end of burrito open.
- Garnish and Serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Share what you made with us! Tag #hatchchileco on Instagram, Twitter and more! See what others are making with HATCH™ and HATCH Select™ products on Instagram now!