PREP: | COOK: | MAKES SERVINGS
- 4 tablespoons Hatch Red or Green Enchilada Sauce
- 4 pork chops, extra-thick cut
- 4 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Chile Butter*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice to taste
- 2 teaspoons Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce (For Chile Butter)
- Make a slit in the chops for the stuffing and set aside until they reach room temperature.
- In a skillet, heat the bacon fat and fry the onions until they are translucent. Add the breadcrumbs and toast them with the onions. You must watch them constantly to make sure they do not burn.
- Add the enchilada sauce, just enough to moisten the crumbs to make a filling. Stuff the chops and securely close with a toothpick.
- To cook the chops, season with flour and salt and pepper to taste. Dredge the chops and fry them in bacon fat or oil 12 to 14 minutes. Remove and pour a little chile butter* over each chop. Serve at once.
- *Chile Butter: Mix the Red Enchilada Sauce with a little lemon or lime juice to taste. Mix the liquid into room temperature butter.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Share what you made with us! Tag #hatchchileco on Instagram, Twitter and more! See what others are making with HATCH™ and HATCH Select™ products on Instagram now!