Savor the taste of our Gluten-Free Hatch Green Chile Cheeseburger, a mouthwatering delight for burger enthusiasts. Juicy, flame-grilled beef patty topped with melted cheese and our signature Hatch Diced Green Chiles. Nestled in a gluten-free bun, this burger offers a perfect balance of heat and flavor, creating a burger experience that caters to all taste buds. Indulge in a scrumptious, gluten-free twist on a classic favorite that will leave you craving more.
- 2 (4 ounce) cans Hatch Diced Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Kosher or sea salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 1.5 pounds ground chuck (80/20)
- Vegetable oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns
- Combine green chiles, onion, cilantro, agave, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Divide the ground chuck into 4 equal portions. Shape into patties about 3/4 inch thick. Make an indention with your thumb in the middle of the burger patties. Brush both sides with cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Allow to rest at room temperature while the grill heats.
- Prepare grill for direct and indirect heat as needed. Set grill to medium high. Oil the grates as well. Grill patties on side one for about 4 minutes. Flip and grill side two with the lid closed for about 2 minutes. Move patties to indirect grill surface. Top with pepper jack cheese. Close the lid and grill 1 – 2 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- If desired, brush the buns with oil and toast over the direct heat of the grill for 1 – 2 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Place one patty on the bottom of each bun, top the burger, and spoon on the green chile salsa. Enjoy!