PREP: 1 hr | COOK: 2 hr | MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 8 ounces Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 whole chicken, cut up in pieces
- 2 cups Chicken Stock Santa Fe (Chicken Stock Santa Fe Recipe)
- 2 ounces grated chocolate
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 24 peeled almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 heaping tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Simmer the chicken parts in the chicken stock. Skim the foam as it rises during the first 15 minutes of cooking.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 60-90 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken.
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a warm place.
- In a blender combine ½ cup of chicken stock, the Red Enchilada Sauce, chocolate, cumin, almonds, garlic and onion. Blend briefly just long enough to combine the ingredients.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the shortening until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken ad stir once or twice to prevent sticking, and then add the sauce.
- Simmer until the chicken is thoroughly seasoned and the sauce has thickened. If the sauce gets too thick you can add some water to thin to the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seeds and serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Share what you made with us! Tag #hatchchileco on Instagram, Twitter and more! See what others are making with HATCH™ and HATCH Select™ products on Instagram now!